Select Page

INDIANAPOLIS (Nov. 12, 2012) — Local integrated marketing agency, Miller Brooks Inc., is excited to announce recently raising more than $12,000 during its 11th annual Cook For The Cure(R), an annual breast cancer awareness fundraiser benefiting the Indianapolis affiliate of Susan G. Komen For The Cure.

“It is touching to see so many people rally around a great cause that contributes to finding a cure towards breast cancer,” said Barbie Wentworth, president and COO of Miller Brooks. “Over the past 11 years, Miller Brooks has successfully expanded this unique fundraiser and donated more than $100,000 to local cancer research.”

More than 200 guests attended the fundraiser, hosted October 12 on the grounds of the agency’s office in Zionsville. The daylong event featured a food truck-inspired theme in which employees designed their own truck facade and served foods related to their theme. Attendees were encouraged to vote for their favorite food truck, which featured cuisine influenced by bacon, sloppy joes, food on a stick and macaroni and cheese. In addition to the cooking contest, attendees also participated in a silent auction, raffle and cookie sales. In the end, the Big Pig Rig was awarded top honors as the event’s favorite truck.

According to the Indianapolis Affiliate of Susan G. Komen, 75 percent of donations from the agency’s Cook For The Cure event stay in central Indiana, with the remaining 25 percent supporting national Komen-funded research.

KitchenAid(R) developed the Cook For The Cure concept as a way for neighbors, family and friends to come together to make a meal and donate to Susan G. Komen. According to KitchenAid, the idea has generated more than $8 million in the fight against breast cancer.

About Miller Brooks Inc.
Currently in its 29th year, Miller Brooks Inc. helps companies build and enhance their brands and grow their business with marketing-driven creative solutions crafted to resonate in a world that’s constantly changing. One of the largest full service advertising agencies in the Indianapolis market, Miller Brooks has 46 full-time professionals on staff and provides advertising, public relations and media planning for clients on a regional, national and global scale.
###

FavoriteLoadingAdd to favorites