Social Media Dames Unconference #SMDames14
INDIANA, May 8, 2014 — On Tuesday, June 24, 2014, Digital Dames, Inc. is sponsoring the 2nd Social Media Dames Unconference. Its mission is to encourage women to use social media strategically in order to enhance their professional success, and make the world a better place. An unconference is the opposite of a conference where you would expect an hour-long keynote speaker and breakout sessions. The 18 Social Media Storytellers for #SMDames14 will come from among the 55 attendees, and each will have only five minutes to share a valuable story.
“The Social Media Dames Unconferences are mission-driven, educational events.” says, Amy Stark, CEO of Digital Dames, Inc. “Active social media participation is an excellent way to learn how to communicate effectively in the 21st century. Being able to share messages digitally is an important skill for careers ranging from Mommy Bloggers to Chief Digital Officers of Fortune 500 Companies. In addition to being a training ground, social media platforms also provide a space to spread messages of tolerance and compassion – globally at the speed of light.”
Dr. Erin Albert — who recently completed a social media residency at Mayo Clinic for healthcare professionals– partnered with Amy Stark in 2013 to create the Inaugural Social Media Dames Unconference. Albert is returning to serve on the Advisory Council for #SMDames14 Summer Celebration. The Advisory Council includes seven powerful social media rockstars, and they will be among the 18 Storytellers. In addition to Stark and Albert, the #SMDames14 Advisory Council includes:
- Crystal Grave from www.Snappening.com — who recently ran a successful indiegogo campaign that raised over $24,000 to develop an app for her digital event planning company.
- Amber Recker from PUNCH Films, who recently launched Love, Fort Wayne, a social media campaign aimed at leveraging positive messages about her city. Find out more at www.lovefortwayne.org.
- Sheryl Brown from www.AshBrokerage.com , who manages a social media team supporting the largest privately held brokerage office in the U.S. She was recently asked to speak in NYC on a panel with Google.
- Lorraine Ball from Roundpeg, who runs social media and inbound marketing campaigns for companies across the United States.
- Dana M. Nelson from Signarama Evansville who is a well known speaker and social media strategist who has worked with international companies including Bibby Financial and The United Franchise Group.
The Social Media Dames Unconference Summer Celebration will take place at Ash Brokerage – 7609 West Jefferson Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46804. It will begin at 10 a.m. EDT, conclude at 3 p.m., and it will feature 18 influential women sharing valuable lessons about digital media. Attendees will gain insider knowledge on how to effectively use platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc. More importantly, attendees will make real life connections with some amazing women who are social media super-stars who can tell a good story.
Early registration is $50.00 per ticket — includes lunch and the half-day educational event — and may be purchased via Eventbrite https://smdames14summer.eventbrite.com For more information on the Social Media Dames Unconference Summer Celebration, please contact Amy Stark at 317-430-9033 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to the Social Media Dames Facebook page for regular updates.